Emphasis Poster


Shown above is the preliminary sketch of the emphasis poster. In this design, I wanted to show how humans effect elephants through ivory hunting. To represent this, I wanted to show the head of the elephant and the tusk. The part of the elephant I would be putting emphasis on are the tusks. I will represent them in a colour such as gold or purple in order to indicate its value against the darker colours of the elephant. The tusks, made of ivory, are the parts of the elephant that are hunted for, I therefore wanted to represent that they hold value in the poster.



Shown above is the final design of the emphasis poster I have created. My original design included showing the head of the elephant in grey. This was an effective but didn’t reflect my style of simplicity. By taking the head and trunk out of the image and leaving the ears in it displays the shape of the elephant without using all the facial features. This gives an interesting subtler look whilst also making the tusks really pop.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheque and Jaapokki Research

Further label development

Contrast Poster